Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day at the coast and plein air experience





- Tried my hand at plein air painting - not too certain about the experience.  
- Had a wonderful day on the NH and southern Maine coast.  The day started out foggy, but it was an interesting effect, so I ended up taking over 100 pics for reference.
While plein air painting at the Nubble, I was surrounded by people watching and asking to take my picture at times.  It felt kind of strange, and had an element of pressure that I didn't like.  It probably didn't help that I was working in oils as well, and on an unfamiliar surface (Gesso board).  I doubt I will plein air paint again anytime soon unless it is secluded; because even though I have interruptions at home, I am more able to block those out and stay in my creative zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment