Wednesday, October 21, 2015

O Little Town of Bethlehem


 
The entire process of this painting was akin to riding recklessly down a rocky mountain trail on a bicycle.  Anyone that has spent some time painting with watercolor knows that its characteristic looseness and unforgiveable nature tends to lend itself to many a failure.  Although I felt that at any time I could be ruining it, I kept trying new things.  For some reason, every risky decision I made to saturate the paper with wash after wash worked itself out successfully. So, I'm attributing the unique beauty of this piece to what may really be what us artists like to term a "happy accident!"
This original is
SOLD,
but giclee prints are
Available in my Etsy Shop
                                               


















No comments:

Post a Comment